[mythtv-users] Moving recordings to mythvideo

Peter VanDerWal peter at vanderwal.us
Sun Jul 13 08:14:31 UTC 2008

> Hi,
>
> I tried to copy mythtv recordings to mythvideo (just moved the files
> within
> the filesystem).
> When I copied them, the internal player in mythvideo could not skip
> forward
> or backwards while the file in the recording section has no problems.
> Did anybody experienced the same behaviour and knows how to fix it ?

Are you talking about commercial skipping or just fast forwarding?

AFAIK The information for commercial skipping is stored in the Myth
Database, and not in the file and that database info doesn't apply to
anything in the videos directory.
I think there is a way to re-code the recordings and remove the
commercials from the recording, but I've never tried that.