[mythtv-users] HD MPEG2 ->SD DVD?

Ken Mandelberg km at mathcs.emory.edu
Sun Jul 13 00:51:43 UTC 2008

Most of myth recordings are in HD and 16x9, mpeg2 via HDHhomerun.
Occasionally I want to share one with a friend who has a standard DVD
player.

Obviously I need to transcode, build an ISO, and then burn. I've tried
mythtranscode and nuvexport, and have yet to get something that looks
decent, has the right dvd resolution and proper audio sync.

I would appreciate some hints (linux only).

I can manage to create and burn the dvd with dvdauthor,mkisofs,cdrecord
but if there is some nice automation that does all of it that would be
helpful.