[mythtv-users] `Mythbackend leaks memory` continued

Andrew Williams andy at tensixtyone.com
Sat Jul 12 23:18:25 UTC 2008

2008/7/12 Nick Morrott <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com>:

<snip>

> There is an obvious trend in the data (after 2 months of uptime ended
> in June I was using ~ 1.5GiB of VSZ). My system uses 3 DVB-T and 1
> PVR-150 cards. A handful of recordings each day (maybe 4 on average),
> and multirec is /not/ enabled. EIT is enabled for a half-dozen radio
> channels. System is an AMD Athlon64 3000+ with 1GiB RAM. Running
> Valgrind for several hours last week did not reveal anything at that
> time.

After running the burn test on one Mplex, I show no major increase in
memory usage, but, my graph is on a similar sorta trend as yours, I've
only had one day but its a similar percentage:

http://mythtv.nikdoof.net/graphs/graphs/graph_45_2.png (sorry about
the log graphing)

Just curious, what distro, kernel and gcc version are you using?

--
Andrew Williams
w: http://tensixtyone.com/
e: andy at tensixtyone.com