[mythtv-users] video root -No Files Found

stuart stuart at xnet.com
Fri Jul 11 23:22:29 UTC 2008

Nick Morrott wrote:
> 2008/7/11 stuart <stuart at xnet.com>:
>> Hi...
>>
>> I get this message "video root -No Files Found" on a remote front end
>> when trying to play back video recordings that are nfs mounted on the
>> remote front end.
>
> Are the files mounted to the same path on the remote FE as they are on
> the local frontend?

Yes, the back end has the actual files at /var/lib/mythvideo and the
front end has them nfs mounted at /var/lib/mythvideo.

> Check to make sure that the mount location on the remote FE is the
> same location where the files are stored on the BE (i.e.
> /var/lib/mythtv/videos [I think that is the default, at least on
> Ubuntu] on both systems).

Yep.
This is how I export them:
/var/lib/mythvideo 192.168.10.222(ro,sync) 192.168.10.121(ro,sync)
And this is how I mount them:
192.168.10.120:/var/lib/mythvideo /var/lib/mythvideo nfs hard,intr

> Also, make sure you have set the video
> directory correctly under Setup/Media Settings/Video Settings/General
> Settings (that is from memory, so it may not be exactly right).  Those
> two things trip up a lot of people.
> Joel

I am sure it is because I see the file in the video manager.  I see this
for both mythfrontends.  The one on the same machine as the back end and
the one on the remote machine with the videos nfs mounted.

It's when I go to play the videos I see nothing on the remote machine.
The machine that runs mythfrontend local to the mythbackend plays back
the videos just fine.

1) Hummm, if I ever ran a mythbackend unconfigured on the remote machine
would I run a chance of confusing the mythfrontend that is now running
on the remote machine?

2) I see where the user ID is the same for the mythtv logins for the
mythbackend server machine and the remote mythfrontend client machine.
However, the group ID is different.  Could that cause the problem?

3) This setup was working, one of the recent changes was a switch from
the default mplayer to Internal player for videos.  Any reason to
suspect that might be the cause?

...thanks guys for your help.