[mythtv-users] OT: Canonicity (was: Is it possible to sort by Original Airdate...)

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Fri Jul 11 17:25:42 UTC 2008

On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 10:45:13AM +1200, Nick Rout wrote:
> What about shows where the network messed with the show's creator's
> vision and screened the show out of order. Often these are released on
> DVD in the "originally planned screening order", but usually there is
> still controversy over what is "canon"

Ah yes, the canonicity wars.  :-)

My personal opinion on this is that content canonicity depends on what
actually made it on the air on the First Network Feed (what the bird
saw, since local affils sometimes screw up), and that sequence
canonicity depends on the showrunner's intent.

For whatever that's worth.  :-)

Cheers,
-- jra

	     Those who cast the vote decide nothing.