[mythtv-users] How to safely stop mythcommflag

Johnny Russ jruss at mit.edu
Fri Jul 11 16:20:37 UTC 2008

You may want to check out the options under Settings->General (
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/User_Manual:Detailed_configuration_Frontend#Mythfilldatabase).
There are options about when and how often mythfilldatabase runs. I am
running on older hardware and it causes playback to hang/skip when
mythfilldatabase runs.

I did have a question about the previously mentioned settings. There is an
option to limit when mythfilldatabase runs and there is also an option to
let the grabber choose when it should run. If I let the grabber choose does
it over ride the allowable time window I set up, or does it still run
sometime during that window. I ask because it seems like it runs sometimes
outside of the time window I have set. I would rather not disable the
grabber option, because I would rather not put any unnecessary load on the
servers. If the grabber setting allows it to run at completely arbitrary
times then I will have to disable it because it causes problems with my
playback. Also is mythfilldatabse niced down? If not would it be possible to
nice it down so it doesn't cause problems on low powered systems?