[mythtv-users] Device or resource busy.

Thomas Fjellstrom tfjellstrom at shaw.ca
Fri Jul 11 09:14:03 UTC 2008

I'm getting the two following messages repeating in my mythbackend log when
attempting to watch live tv, which only shows a solid blue or green color:
VIDIOCMCAPTURE1: Device or resource busy
VIDIOCMCAPTURE0: Device or resource busy

tvtime works perfectly fine, and the mythtv user has permissions to
access /dev/video0 and the sound card.

I'm using mythtv on debian sid (x86-64, kernel 2.6.25-2-amd64), using the
debian multimedia packages and the backend says its version
is "0.21.20080304-1".

My tv card is a WinTV 401 (dbx, radio, etc).

--
Thomas Fjellstrom
tfjellstrom at shaw.ca