[mythtv-users] Database schema versions and the revisions they changed?

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Thu Jul 10 23:39:44 UTC 2008

On Jul 10, 2008, at 4:21 PM, Dom H wrote:

> Stuart, I think you're right. I'm going to build that revision and
> step forwards until I find a release I'm happy with.
>
> Brad, I don't but I guess I should. I suppose if I have an issue I
> should give some feedback really.

You should only give feedback if you have already read through the -
dev and -commit lists and are sure the issue you're running into is
not already known. Once you've done that, you should also provide
appropriate logs (backtrace, valgrind, etc.) in a detailed bug report
that would help developers track down the issue and fix it for you if
you're not able to provide a patch. Anything less is generally
considered wasting developer's time. I've been
following^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^Hdeleting a thread for about a month now
where the user refuses to follow those guidelines when the problem
would likely have been fixed ages ago if they did.

I don't mean to sound like I'm reprimanding you because you haven't
done anything wrong, but if you want to help and get your issue fixed,
that's the appropriate course of action. If you just want to get your
system stable again, try running the latest stable version (0.21-
fixes). ;)

-Brad