[mythtv-users] Help installing HDHomerun -- Network is unreachable soon enough after reboot

Alen Edwards allen.edwards at oldpaloalto.com
Thu Jul 10 18:54:38 UTC 2008

> I would make sure the tuners are working. Follow the instructions at
> this link to verify proper HDHomerun operation
>
> http://www.silicondust.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1924

Thanks for the link.  The tuners work when I install them but are not
recognized after a reboot.

HDHRChan(10137dc1/0), Error: Unable to send discovery request
                         eno: Network is unreachable (101)
HDHRChan(10137dc1/1), Error: Unable to send discovery request
                         eno: Network is unreachable (101)

Whenever I write one of these replies, I try and anticipate the reply I
will get and go try something in response.  So, I tried exiting
mythbackend and starting it again.  In doing to the HDHR tuners are
recognized.

Anticipating the next question, I removed the hub between the HDHR and
the computer as I read that you can connect directly.  Then I rebooted
and the HDHR was not found.

Any idea how I can deal with this?  Anyone else see this?  How can I
delay the start of the backend after a reboot to see if that will allow
the network to stabilize.

Allen