[mythtv-users] Help installing HDHomerun - HDHR Error - Network is unreachable after reboot

Alen Edwards allen.edwards at oldpaloalto.com
Thu Jul 10 18:27:01 UTC 2008

Thanks for the reply. That is basically what I have been doing, I think
5 or 6 times now.

Just to make sure, I just tried it again.  This time I was able to
install all 4 tuners (HDHR + 2 air2pc)and everything worked fine until I
rebooted the computer.  Now, both HDHR tuners show Not Available.

I looked at the mythbackend.log and found this:

HDHRChan(10137dc1/0), Error: Unable to send discovery request
                         eno: Network is unreachable (101)

I have one of these error messages for each tuner.

I issued a command:

$ hdhomerun_config discover
hdhomerun device 10137DC1 found at 192.168.1.110

So, it is there and reachable and I can ping it, which makes since as I
was using it before the reboot.

These error messages do not show up in a google search.

Both the computer and the HDHR are connected to a switch that is
connected to my network and DHCP router which is upstairs.

AMD 5400+ CPU on ASUS M3A MB

Anyone?

Allen