[mythtv-users] 2 copies on MythTV on the same system.

covert covert thecovert at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 12:04:19 UTC 2008

Is it possible to have 2 copies of MythTV on the same system. They
don't need to both run at the same time. I have Mythbuntu and I want
to compile some source code into MythTV, mainly the patch to get BOB
to work. I want to keep my Working MythTV as it is and have a second
copy of MythTV I can stuff around with and break on a regular basis
without upsetting my wife.

Is it just a case of making a new user (mythdev) and installing myth
under that account and pointing that install to a different database ?