[mythtv-users] Erratic failure. Wonky database connexion?

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 13:10:34 UTC 2008

On Sat, Jul 5, 2008 at 4:38 AM, Jonathan Sambrook <jonathan at hmmn.org> wrote:
> I'm not sure whether this is a MySQL problem or a MythTV one.
>
> Running under GDB I'm getting the following output:

<snip>
> Query was:
> SELECT chanid, starttime, title, progstart, progend, filesize, duplicate FROM recorded WHERE recordid = :RECID AND preserve = 0 AND recgroup <> 'LiveTV' ORDER BY starttime DESC;
> Driver error was [2/1064]:
> QMYSQL3: Unable to execute query
> Database error was:
> You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ':RECID AND preserve = 0 AND recgroup <> 'LiveTV' ORDER BY starttime DESC' at line 1

This is definately not an issue with MySQL, though I don't know
offhand what's causing it.  The SQL SELECT statement shown in the
above error should not have that ":RECID" in it.  That's an internal
placeholder in the underlying mythtv code that should have been
replaced by an actual recordid integer before it ever got to the
database, so something's not working correctly in mythtv for sure.

Tom