[mythtv-users] Pinnacle PCTV 310i

Alen Edwards allen.edwards at oldpaloalto.com
Tue Jul 8 15:48:10 UTC 2008

Adam Skinner wrote:
> Hi,
> Having just bought this card I am having some trouble getting it to
> work. I only want DVB with this hybrid card.
>
> Im using hardy ubuntu , and although the card is detected
> (/dev/dvb/adaptorX is populated) mythtv doesn't work.
>
> I deleted all existing channels and re ran a full scan on this card. It
> doesn't pick up a thing.
>
> Looking at my logs , firmware seems to have been picked up ok:
>
>  tda1004x: found firmware revision 20 -- ok
>

> I expect I have to change something in the modules. Could anyone point
> me in the right direction? google is pretty weak and there is nothing in
> the wiki.
>
> thanks in advance.

If I were a tech support person on the phone I would ask if your antenna
is attached but I won't do that.

My only question is do you have the right firmware loaded into
/lib/firmware I am sorry t?

I did some googling and found this:

Pinnacle 310i

[http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSite/uk/Products/Consumer+Products/PCTV+Tuners/PCTV+Analog_Digital+PVR/PCTV+310i.htm]

The Pinnacle 310i uses the Phillips SAA7134 chipset - some good info
(though a bit out of date by the looks at the time of writing) on
getting it going can be found on the gentoo-wiki, and if you're
impatient they also have a quick-start guide. The quick-start guide was
written more recently than the original article, but if you need to
compile the SAA7134 and related modules or get the firmware the first
might be more help (even if it is older) as it goes into more depth.

Essentially, build the drivers as shown in the Intro then (as root) run

linux/Documentation/dvb/get_dvb_firmware tda10046
cp dvb-fe-tda10046.fw /lib/firmware
modprobe saa7134-dvb

http://doc.freevo.org/Hardware/DVBCards

Hope this helps,