[mythtv-users] Desktop partly off-screen problem

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Tue Jul 8 13:51:35 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jul 07, 2008 at 10:08:06AM -0500, Carl Fongheiser wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 10:05 AM, Mark Greenwood <fatgerman at ntlworld.com>
> wrote:
>

> > I don't think 1366x768 is right. It's probaby smaller than your screen
> > supports - hence the picture doesn't fill the screen.
> >

> 1366x768 is in fact the native resolution for most 720p LCD televisions.

   I am having similar issues. Although I think they are just limited to
xine. Perhaps not, I just haven't noticed them in MythTV yet.

   I have a newly installed AppleTV hooked up to a newly acquired LCD TV.
It's 720p but MythTV appears to be running at 1080. I'm not running with
any xorg.conf file at all and I don't see in the Xorg log what resolutions
are being detected (or used). It's the frontend log that indicates that
the panel is running at 1920x1080.

   I'm using HDMI. My captions and my OSD end up off the screen. The captions
were a quick fix but I haven't really looked into the OSD yet.