[mythtv-users] Desktop partly off-screen problem

Brian Phillips brian.phillips at gmx.net
Mon Jul 7 22:00:19 UTC 2008

Carl Fongheiser wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 10:05 AM, Mark Greenwood
> <fatgerman at ntlworld.com> wrote:
>

> 	I don't think 1366x768 is right. It's probaby smaller than your
> screen supports - hence the picture doesn't fill the screen.
>

> 1366x768 is in fact the native resolution for most 720p LCD
> televisions.
>
> Carl Fongheiser

Sorry to jump in late.  I have a sharp 720p LCD and it's native res is
1366x768 as well, so you can rest easy with that resolution.

I used to have it hooked up with a VGA cable to an FX5200.  Sometimes when
myth would boot, I'd get the screen displaced to the left.  I'd have some
black space on the screen to the right.

It was a simple fix.  It seemed that my television was just having trouble
syncing to the VGA signal at the initial boot screen.  Once myth was loaded,
I would just turn off the television and turn it back on and the problem
would be fixed.  The television synced correctly and the display filled the
screen.  Simple solution and it didn't require me to google around for
custom modelines.  I just used whatever Xorg initially generated for me.  I
was using a stock Mythdora4 system.

Brian