[mythtv-users] hauppauge hvr-1800 very low volume

genius9976 at yahoo.com genius9976 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 7 05:27:53 UTC 2008

On my old system my speakers were attached via analog.  On my current
box, they are attached via spdif.  However, when I just output audio
via the headphones, digital recordings are still quieter, though I
think the problem is not as bad.  In fact, using headphones, the
difference between myth and other programs disappears, though the
difference between analog and digital recording remains.  I guess myth
is sending quieter audio than other programs digitally, but not via
analog.  Why would that be?  In alsa mixer (and master and pcm mixer
volume in the myth audio setting) everything is turned up all the way.
Also, I think I'm using pulse audio.  I do not have the ac3/dts to
spdif passthrough options enabled (I haven't been able to get them to
work).