[mythtv-users] VRC-1100 does not work with lirc, irw says: connection:connection refused

MiGo32 at web.de MiGo32 at web.de
Sun Jul 6 19:21:16 UTC 2008

Hello

Im fighting already since over 2 weeks to get my remote control to work with lirc... Its a VRC-1100 Ortek (http://www.ortek.com/prod_detail.asp?pid=127&id=140&ppid=103&cname=Mobility%3E%3ERemote%20Control%3E%3EVRC-1100) with an USB-IR-Receiver. This one is in germany also known as Auvisio MCE Fernedienung. Im using openSuse 10.3, with the kernel 2.6.22.18-0.2-default.
I downloaded the 0.8.2 tarball from http://www.lirc.org, then unpacked it with tar xjf nameofthe tarball etc. Afterwards i run ./setup.sh and choose the mceusb2 driver. Afterwards i did "make" and "make install", and there are no error messages in the output, at least none which are visible for me. After "modprobe lirc_mceusb2", "lircd" and checking that /dev/lirc exists, i tried the basic command irw. The message i received, was "connection: connection refused". I have read that someone here got right this remote to work with lirc, but i dont know which driver he used. Because of this, I tried the installation over and over again, using different drivers, but it had always the same effect.
Does anyone know what to do from this point onwards ?

Thank you for any help.

Migo