[mythtv-users] Firewire stops working on DCH3416

Steven Sartorius ssartor at bellatlantic.net
Sun Jul 6 15:32:21 UTC 2008

Hi,

A couple of months ago I finally got around to adding HD to my Myth
system (Asus M2NPV-VM and 0.21-fixes) and initially things worked
quite well.  I'm on Comcast (in NJ) and was given a Moto DCH3416 STB
(only one available at the time with HDMI).  The STB actually has 2
firewire ports and after a bit of fiddling I was able to capture HD
programming off of one of them (in broadcast mode).  About 2 weeks
ago, though, firewire suddenly stopped working.  I tried the various
ways of resetting the bus, ran firewire tester etc. but nothing
worked.  Today I pulled up the diagnostic menu on the DCH3416
thinking maybe Comcast had switched firewire off on me.  Under the
menu that shows the status of the various ports there are 2 columns --
'ENABLED' and 'ACTIVE'.  Firewire (i.e. 1394) shows up as a 'Yes' for
Enabled but a 'No' for Active.  Anybody know if this means that
firewire is actually working on the STB?  Or do I have another problem
entirely?

thanks for any help,

Steve