[mythtv-users] ATI (I know, I know) Issues

Raphael rpooser at gmail.com
Fri Jul 4 17:55:56 UTC 2008

Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 07/04/2008 10:23 AM, Chris Keegan wrote:
>> ATI, I
>> know was not the right decision but back then I was young and optimistic
>> (naive).
>
> Anymore, the NVIDIA is the only way to go rule of thumb may not hold.
> The newest ATI drivers are, well, let's just say better.
>
> Mike

I've seen more and more people using things like HD2600's and similar in
myth setups now.
I was using ATI for two years. I had issues using TV out. But when I
hooked it to a HD TV I started using DVI->HDMI and had no issues (didn't
need to have fglrx drivers to get XV working then). All the ATI issues
for me were always isolated to the annoying inability to change overscan
in TV out mode. Once using it as a monitor it works as well as my Nvidia
card (the Nvidia also worked perfectly using TV out). I don't use XVMC
so that makes any differences between ATI and Nvidia moot for me as far
as mythtv usage goes.