[mythtv-users] Questions about Hauppauge HD-PVR (1212)

John Welch jrw3319 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 20:12:27 UTC 2008

> u could always use a  longer USB cable and keep the HDPVR near the TV.
>
> Cheap usb cables/extenders can be found at monoprice.com
>
> Mitchell

Thanks.  I am considering running a long USB cable, with appropriate
repeaters.  However, if the heat from the unit continues to be a
factor I would much rather have it in my basement.  Also, isn't it
just as likely that the long USB run will introduce problems as it is
that the long component video will cause problems?  I mean, there's at
least one poster in this thread that is saying he's running 40+ foot
cables with just a splitter, and is not seeing any quality
degradation.