[mythtv-users] `Mythbackend leaks memory` continued

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 19:42:05 UTC 2008

On Fri, Jul 4, 2008 at 6:13 AM, Udo van den Heuvel <udovdh at xs4all.nl> wrote:

> Thanks.
> That one was in the updates that I mentioned.
> Just built with those.
>
> So the current run could crash just like the recent one.
> Then I could upgrade and see the difference.

Its not a fix (and no one even knows if you need a fix) but why not
restart mythbackend every 24 hours or so?

Also you have reached 40% mem without a crash, yet the QT crash
occurred at about 20%, so it seems to me the two are likely unrelated.

Also multirec is relatively new. There may be bugs. No software is bug free.