[mythtv-users] OT: UK DVB: BBC to start DVB-T2 test trials

Another Sillyname anothersname at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 3 02:55:53 UTC 2008

I wouldn't say the trials weren't succesfull.....IMHO they 'pressured'
the Gov to allow HD on terrestrial which wasn't on the radar before.

I agree though that DVB-T was 'bandwidth hungry' for the HD channels
(up to 24mbps) and if T2 reduces this by the rumoured amounts this
will help enormously.

This makes an interesting read....

http://www.ukfree.tv/fullstory.php?storyid=1107051316