[mythtv-users] stuttering video in LiveTV with greedy2x and yadif2x

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Wed Jul 2 19:47:51 UTC 2008

On Jul 2, 2008, at 12:36 PM, Tino Keitel wrote:

> Minor correction: bob2x has the same problem.
>

>> When this happens, hit pause and then resume playing to see if it
>> clears it up. It sounds like it's trying to read more video than is
>> currently in the buffer. Since these deinterlacers read ahead of the
>> current frame, it makes even more sense that is what is happening.
>
> I doesn't help.

Are you *sure* it doesn't happen when watching recordings and ONLY
when watching LiveTV?
The reason I ask is because there is no difference between the two
except the fact that a recording is a completed file and LiveTV is
reading the last bit of the file that has just ben saved.

I find it more likely that these deinterlacers are not working because
your resolution is not capable of a 2x framerate. Someone else will
have to chime in with the specs required to use a 2x framerate
deinterlacer. I don't know them off the top of my head.