[mythtv-users] Playing 1212 files was: ONLINE ORDER#XXXXXX...

Seth Daniel mythtv.org at sethdaniel.org
Wed Jul 2 19:16:06 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jul 02, 2008 at 01:14:24PM -0600, Mark Hutchinson wrote:
> Paul wrote:
> > On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 1:33 PM, Seth Daniel <mythtv.org at sethdaniel.org> wrote:
> >
> >> For the curious I have an AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ which I thought I had
> >> read was sufficient for playing back these types of files.  But maybe
> >> not.
> >>

> > I would suggest trying coreavc for linux. You can even test things out
> > with the trial version for two weeks to see if it will work, before
> > paying the reasonable $15 to buy it.
> >
> > On a core2Duo 2.2 GHz i can't play back without pauses if i am not
> > using coreavc. With it, in my limited tests so far, it seems to work
> > perfectly (as long as i redirect output to /dev/null or patch things
> > so coreavc doesn't output all its debug messages).
> >

> Maybe a stupid question.  How does one use coreavc with Myth?

I wondered the same thing.  A quick search discovered:

http://code.google.com/p/coreavc-for-linux/

Essentially it looks like you run a special server named 'dshowserver' (or
maybe just 'dshow'), apply a few patches to the myth code, download the
coreavc stuff from coreavc.com and you are good to go.

--
seth /\ sethdaniel.org