[mythtv-users] stuttering video in LiveTV with greedy2x and yadif2x

Tino Keitel tino.keitel at gmx.de
Wed Jul 2 18:06:24 UTC 2008

Hi folks,

I have a problem with the greedy2x and yadif2x deinterlacers. In
LiveTV, the video constantly stutters in many cases. "Many cases" means
that it is ok sometimes when I start LiveTV, but in the other cases the
video stutters. Sometimes it is ok when I start LiveTV, but it stutters
after I switch to another channel. Audio is not affected. It doesn't
seem to occur when watching a recording. Other deinterlacers don't have
the stutter problem.

This happens on a Thinkpad X61s with Core2 Duo 1,6 GHz, so CPU
performance is not a problem. The setup (system, drivers, MythTV
packages from 0.21-fixes) is the same that I use on a Mac mini Core Duo
that also has Intel onboard graphics. Both deinterlacers give smooth
LiveTV playback on the Mac mini. I also tried a fresh Ubuntu Hardy on
the Thinkpad, with the mythbuntu packages from 0.21-fixes, and got the
same problem.

I dont's see any messages from mythfrontend with several verbose options
set, including -v playback. However, I'd like to use one of those
deinterlacers, as they give the best picture quality together with
smooth playback IMHO. Any hints how I can fix or debug this issue?

Regards,
Tino