[mythtv-users] OT: 'problem channel' (was: Antenna attenuator question)

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Wed Jul 2 00:32:53 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 02:02:01PM -0600, Brian Wood wrote:
> But I still say the best solution is not a broadband attenuator in this case,
> you want to drop only the high-level channel. In markets where this is a
> problem local TV shops often carry such units, often pre-tuned to the
> local "problem channel".

I live in the Tampa Bay, FL market (ADI14, IIRC, we got promoted last
time).

I'm in Pinellas County, from which every signal in the market
transmits from Riverview (roughly 095-100, 30 miles)...

except WTSP-10, which has a tower in Tarpon Springs (005, 10 miles).

I've never been clear on why, but "what" was real clear, back when
people bothered with antennas:

Big ChannelMaster corner-reflector widebands aimed at Tampa, and one
little dinky tuned 14 element yagi pointed 90 degrees from it.

Cheers,
-- jra

	     Those who cast the vote decide nothing.
	       -- (Joseph Stalin)