[mythtv-users] Please help! My mythbackend started to crash sporadically

Andrew Junev a-j at a-j.ru
Tue Jul 1 15:36:18 UTC 2008

> Andrew Junev wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> At least it seem to me to be sporadic...
>> In fact, my mythtv system used to work quite well over the past
>> months. But after the last update my backend started to crash from
>> time to time. It may work just fine for several days and then crash
>> twice during a few hours - witout a visible reason.
>>
> The same thing has been happening on my OpenSUSE 10.3 server for months
> now.  I can't see any pattern to the crashes.  I did some googling when
> the problem first occured but couldn't find a solution.  The crashes are
> infrequent enough to not be a problem for me.

> I've not been any help to you but thought you'd like to know you're not
> alone. :-)

Ummm... I'm experiencing these crases for maybe a month now. The
problem is that I missed 4 out of 5 recordings during last week only
because of these crashes. So it seem to be quite annoying and I really
want to have it fixed.

I also searched the Net on this error but couldn't find anything
that I can use... :-(

--
Best regards,
 Andrew                            mailto:a-j at a-j.ru