[mythtv-users] ffwd & skipping jumps all the way to the end of recordings

Jonno jonnojohnson at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 14:10:36 UTC 2008

Ok I got optimize_mythdb.pl to work by adding execute permissions to it for
the user and adding the ./ to the command
It seemed to run ok. No obvious error messages.

Then I tried to run mythcommflag on a recently recorded tv show and it seems
to hang at "Finding Logo". Any idea why that is? If it's related to the logo
for the tv station I don't generally have those (I use OTA broadcast digital
tv and schedules direct).

Also assuming I manage to get past the Finding Logo issue, is there a way to
run mythcommflag on an entire directory of recordings (since they all seem
messed up).

I also tried looking for errors in the tables by using this command:
mysqlcheck -c -uroot -p mythconverg
but I always get an access denied message. I have tried changing resetting
the mysql password but nothing seems to help.

Any pointers on any of this stuff would be great.

Jonno.

On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 8:25 AM, David Watkins <watkinshome at gmail.com> wrote:

> > I tried to run the optimize_mythdb.pl script but I get "command not
> found"
> > even though I can see the script in the
> > /usr/share/doc/mythtv-backend/contrib directory.
> > Is this likely a problem with the permissions setup?
>

> more likely a problem with the path.
>
> either type the full path or, if you're already in the directory
>
> ./optimize_mythdb.pl
>
> that's not to say you won't get a permission problem :-)

"If a theory can't produce hypotheses, can't be tested, can't be disproven,
and can't make predictions, then it's not a theory and certainly not
science." by spisska on Slashdot, Monday April 21, 2008