[mythtv-users] Lost all recordings today -- no output from air2pc

Alen Edwards allen.edwards at oldpaloalto.com
Tue Jul 1 06:22:18 UTC 2008

All my recordings today are "File not found".  The logs show they
recorded normally but there were no files recorded.  Upon investigation,
I find the tuners are not locking at all.  After reboot, and the typical
5 minute wait, they locked up normally.

I would think this might be related to the 5 minute problem but that
seems to be a common problem that people live with.  I don't like it and
these same tuners locked up quickly on my prototype, but I don't know
what to do about that.

So, my question is, is this a problem that others have seen?  What
causes it?  How can I be sure that it won't happen again?  Is there
something I can do to make sure I won't lose shows?

If this is a random thing that others have seen, what should I buy to
replace them?  This is an OTA only system so I don't need QAM.

Mythbuntu 8.02
Air2PC 0.2 (first generation)
AMD 5400+

Allen