[mythtv-users] ffwd & skipping jumps all the way to the end of recordings

Jonno jonnojohnson at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 01:30:50 UTC 2008

I've had a Mythbuntu 8.04 system running well since it was released (aside
from the volume control not working).
I usually install whatever upgrades the system prompts me to without
checking them out very carefully so I'm not sure exactly what caused this
but...
About 1-2 weeks ago my system started jumping right to the end of recordings
whenever I try to fast-forward or skip ahead. Of course this means I can't
commercial skip!
When jumping forward (or backwards for that matter) the program jumps all
the way to the end. Actually I'm not sure if it jumps to the beginning or
the end of the show. The timeline bar seems to indicate that has jumped to
the end - the bar is full and the time shown is the total time of the
recording - but then the program starts over from the beginning again.
When fast-forwarding at 3x it appears to fast-forward just fine but when I
try to go back into play mode it does it's thing and jumps to the end.
When fast-forwarding at 5x or greater it simply jumps straight to the end.
Everything works fine in LiveTV mode. This is only a problem with recorded
shows.

Weird. And frustrating.

--
"If a theory can't produce hypotheses, can't be tested, can't be disproven,
and can't make predictions, then it's not a theory and certainly not