[mythtv-users] A request to make life on the list a bit easier.

Nick Rout nick at rout.co.nz
Thu Jan 31 01:08:42 UTC 2008

On Thu, January 31, 2008 10:03 am, Paul Kidwell wrote:
> We already get this:

> but if you go there, you see this:
>
> To see the collection of prior postings to the list, visit the
> mythtv-users Archives.
>
> If you click on Archives, you go here:
>
> http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/
>
> Notice that there's no search option there.

The archives are probably the worst feature of mailman!

> Nubies post here asking questions that have been asked before. They
> get responses like:

> Before posting, why not query the archives to see if this has already
> been addressed?  (It has, many times.)
> Here is a link: http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/
>
> Years ago, when I started out here, it took me quite some time to find
> gossamer-threads.
>
> Could we possibly change the automatically attached tag line to read as:

> Archives can be found at:
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/mythtvnz/

The other thing to do is set up the mailman page to direct people to
gossamer-threads, like I also do on mythtvnz:

Neither step is difficult and can be done in a few minutes on the admin
interface to mailman (ie a web page).

--
Nick Rout