[mythtv-users] Current Multirec functionality?

Jouni jouni76 at fastmail.fm
Wed Jan 30 09:53:52 UTC 2008

On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 09:03:10 +0000, "Steve Daniels"
<steve.p.daniels at googlemail.com> said:

> I never noticed it had stopped working, but just confirmed that it is
> indeed currently working. This is on DVB-T in the UK on Freeview.

Ok that's good, I meant this ticket:
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/3763
but as you confirmed it is fixed.

> IIRC CAM's do work. You can record as many channels as your CAM allows
> you (and your hardware limitations). Some CAM's have been reported to
> allow only one channels, others have been reported to allow 2 (can't
> remember seeing any more than that). If I remember correctly, I think
> someone mentioned it doesn't work with any type of local card sharing.
> But that may have been related to CAM limitations.

So basically I just have to test it when I decide to update. I have two
tuners, one has a cam, so I should at least get one encrypted channel to
view or record, and simultaneously the other tuner can get one free mux.

> I did try a quick couple of searches to find some references, but I
> couldn't find any to back up my memory.
> HTH even if it is a bit sketchy

Yes there is not much info available about multirec and CAMs yet. Thanks
for these tips.

--
  Jouni
  jouni76 at fastmail.fm