[mythtv-users] upnpmedia polling

Greg Estabrooks greg at phaze.org
Mon Jan 28 17:05:47 UTC 2008

> Does it have to rescan every file & folder every time? Is there a way to put
> logic in where it wouldn't scan files that already existed on last scan
> (like the logic of an rsync)? That way the only long scan is the first one?

 The "Scan" is merely a directory listing. It doesn't actually look at the content or read the files. so the only way to know that the file is there now as apposed to the last scan is to get the directory listing which is why it's so quick.

> I'm running SVN and have roughly: 30GB music, ~20GB video and 300GB DVD ISOs
> mounted over SMB on my Myth box, would this be enough data to do some
> testing?

 Sure, if you start mythbackend with -v upnp, after 8 seconds it should kick off a couple lines like "UPnpMedia: BuildMediaMap VIDEO scan" :)   Just post those to this thread :)

 I just touched 10000 blank .avi files on my test box and forced a scan and start to finish took 6 seconds across several paths and

(killall -USR1 mythbackend    will force a scan right now) :)

2008-01-28 12:58:52.825 UPnpMedia: BuildMediaMap VIDEO scan starting in :/data/video:
2008-01-28 12:58:53.644 UPnpMedia: BuildMediaMap Done. Found 1658 objects
2008-01-28 12:58:53.646 UPnpMedia: BuildMediaMap VIDEO scan starting in :/home/greg/vid:
2008-01-28 12:58:58.046 UPnpMedia: BuildMediaMap Done. Found 10024 objects