[mythtv-users] Freeview series record, is it possible ?

John Pullan john.pullan at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 10:17:50 UTC 2008

On 28/01/2008, Andy Burns <fedora at adslpipe.co.uk> wrote:
> On 28/01/2008 02:41, Robert Johnston wrote:
>
> > On Jan 27, 2008 12:51 PM, John Pullan <john.pullan at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Could someone explain to me how you activate the Freeview series
> >> record.
> >
> > "Record at any time on any channel" will get them all.
>
> The problem with that alone is that if the EPG title/description changes
> slightly (make that *when* raher than if because the broadcasters can't
> resist tweaking the text when repeating shows) you get multiple
> recordings of each episode.
>
> I'm running the recent atrpms-bleeding, I can see myth is receiving the
> CRIDs from the EIT, I was half expecting it to add an extra recording
> option "record this series" when reording such a program.

This is what I want. So what we are saying is that the implementation
is half done. I.e we do get the CRIDs but not the actual recording.
So off the top of my head :

*Need to monitor the incoming potential recordings (EIT)
*Mark any interest in them (assuming we are interested in them)
*Hand them over to the scheduler

--
John