[mythtv-users] how to group videos?

Kevin Kuphal kkuphal at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 21:26:20 UTC 2008

On Jan 27, 2008 12:33 PM, stefan winter <stefanwinter66 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I'm a newbie to mythtv. I've just setup a box and got the capture card,
> remote control and xmltv working. However, I'm not sure how to attack the
> following problem so suggestions are welcome.
>
> The mythtv box is also used by my kids and they have a lot of videos and
> music files. When I'm using mythtv I would rather not see all their videos
> and music. Also my kids don't like to see all the "old" music between their
> files. Therefore I would like to be able to group the videos. Any
> suggestions on how to do this in mythtv? Switching databases or so?
>
> Thanks,
>
> PS: Previously I've used meedio. In meedio I solved the problem
> by defining multiple users. Each user had a specific menu. I defined
> multiple media libraries (databases) and assign specific media  libraries to
> menu items.

You can filter the display of MythVideo.  I use the gallery view so in there
I believe you hit MENU to get a list of filtering and on that screen is a
box to set this by default.  I would set the kids to be the default view and
then change the filter when you want to see more.  Music is all about
playlists so you probably have to look there for options.

Kevin