[mythtv-users] Several lirc devices

Fredrik Hallgarde mythtv at tedde.nu
Sun Jan 27 15:34:55 UTC 2008

Joacim J skrev:
> Hello,
>
> I have a Microsoft MCE remote which I like and it's working fine with
> MythTV (running in production mode).
>
> However when I reboot the frontend (backend on a server) I often
> (always?!) gets a non working remote and checking the irw I can not
> get any response. Seraching for lirc devices I get two devices:
>
> ~$ ls -al /dev/lirc*
> crw-rw---- 1 root root 61, 0 2008-01-25 19:18 /dev/lirc0
> crw-rw---- 1 root root 61, 1 2008-01-25 19:18 /dev/lirc1
> srw-rw-rw- 1 root root     0 2008-01-25 19:25 /dev/lircd
>
> Then if I modify the "/etc/lirc/hardware.conf" to point to the other
> device (the one that was not used)
> E.g. switching from:
> DEVICE="/dev/lirc0"
> DEVICE="/dev/lirc1"
>
> and restart the daemon it works again...
>
> I am using Ubuntu Gutsy (32-bit).
>
> Why do I get two devices?
> Will the line "MODULES="lirc_mceusb2"" in "/etc/lirc/hardware.conf"
> cause dual lirc devices?
>
> Any idea?
>
> --
> Regards
> Joacim
Do you have any other LIRC hardware in your box? I am thinking of
Hauppauge cards, integrated LCDs with a remote receiver, maybe another
receiver (i.e. Mac mini). All of these could cause you to have a second
entry.
Did you install a cvs version of lirc without removing/disabling the
existing?

just a few thoughts...

Fredrik