[mythtv-users] mythvideo: where is "always play next" in mythconverg?

Gísli Óttarsson gislio at gmail.com
Sat Jan 26 21:41:47 UTC 2008

Thanks Mike.  See it.  Don't know how I missed it.

Recommendation about direct DB editing is noted.  The problem -- with the
greatest respect for the magicians behind mythvideo -- is that adding large
volumes of data (e.g. the plot description for all Friends episodes) via the
mythvideo GUI is not for the faint-hearted.  Also, systematic input, (e.g.
all 800 items with filename like "%/Sitcom/%" have videocategory "Show" and
videogenre "Comedy"), are not GUI material, but a piece of cake when
directly manipulating the videometadata table.

Although totally unfamiliar with the guts of mythvideo, it is hard to
imagine bringing the system down with bad changes to videometadata.

Gisli