[mythtv-users] Auto shutdown of frontend

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Sat Jan 26 15:21:50 UTC 2008

On Jan 26, 2008 8:37 AM, John <reidjr at btconnect.com> wrote:
>  I am in the same boat, I have my backend setup to auto power down and
> wake to record, but my kids turn on the (seperate) frontend, then turn
> off the TV and go to school. :-(.  As the frontend is up and running all
> day means that the backend still has a client and doesnt turn off.
>
> I thought mythshutdown and mythwelcome were aimed at backend machines,
> not front-ends ?
> Is there an equivelent of mythshutdown for a frontend only box ? Or am I
> misisng the point and mythshutdown works on frontends anyway :-)

Never really thought about that.  I have mythwelcome/mythshutdown on
all my mythboxen because I want it to act like the old VCR -- When
there's something to record, it turns on and does it, and when the
recording's done, it shuts off again.  I extended this operating model
(actually, I didn't do anything more, it just works this way) in that
mythwelcome/mythshutdown also handles automatically shutting down
*everything* when the last FE quits, whether that is because I quit
mythfrontend and dropped into mythwelcome or because I selected the
shutdown option from the mythfrontend exit dialog.

HTH.

Craig.