[mythtv-users] CentOS 5.1 support

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Sat Jan 26 10:50:02 UTC 2008

> Dan, thanks for the help on the xfs kernel module. I have now found that neither of my DVB-T
> cards have been detected even though they were detected and worked flawlessly on my
> previous Fedora Core setup. I have two K-World PCI DVB cards and I think they use the
> conexant DVB driver. However, when I try to find any modules for this under /lib/modules
> there are none. So maybe it's compiled into the kernel - in which case how come they
> weren't detected at boot up?

Figured it out - you need CentOS Plus kernels for the conexant DVB
cards. I went to a bucket load of trouble to avoid going with the
Centos Plus kernel but now I have no choice. For anyone else looking
to use Centos, be aware that i fyou want to use JFS file system or DVB
cards with Conexant chips you will have to go with the Centos Plus
kernels.