[mythtv-users] Teletext Extra (UK)

Steve Daniels steve.p.daniels at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 25 13:31:28 UTC 2008

On 22/01/2008, Justin Hornsby <justin at mythtvthemes.co.uk> wrote:
> Wow.  Looks like some nifty afterthought app that doesn't use MHEG - or
> maybe it uses extensions as yet not included in mythtv.  Anyway from
> scrabbling around it looks like this new service is offering 14 days
> worth of EPG data!
>
> Would be quite a worthy addition to mythtv's burgeoning feature list
> methinks...
>
> Justin

For purely academic interests.. how would one go about finding and
saving this data stream to disk? I've read the EPG data is broadcast
at about 3am.

Is this doable with standard tools available on Linux (dvbtools etc?),
or would a custom c++ program need to be constructed to dump this data
in raw form to disk?

Thanks,

Steve Daniels