[mythtv-users] PVR 150 Remote Issues

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Thu Jan 24 20:48:34 UTC 2008

Timothy O'Leary wrote:
> Hello, This is my first post and I am a newbie. I love ubuntu so far
> and am so stoked to be done with Windows. Anyways, I installed ubuntu
> in hopes of adding Mythbuntu and creating a PVR and media center. My
> system is running great and I have Mythbuntu recording shows, playing
> back shows, watching live tv, listening to music, etc. Everything
> seems to be working fine except for the Hauppauge remote that came
> with my PVR 150. I have read up on this and have made sure that it is
> plugged in perfectly, i have installed the LIRC files and I think i
> have done everything, but certain buttons on the remote don't work and
> others do incorrect functions. The volume works fine, but the channel
> up and down does not, and instead jumps the live tv forward or back.
> The jump feature is nice, but i want my channel up and down to go up
> and down. Also, I want the buttons to work such TV, Music and DVD etc
> so that I can hit the button and go to that menu onscreen. I am
> learning ubuntu and liking having more control over my pc so bear with
> me. Thanks in advance for any recomendations and suggestions.

You can change the configuration file for your remote so that any button
does pretty much whatever you want it to.

Check out:

http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-8.html

and related docs.

If your remote is doing anything then you probably have most things
working, just some changes to your config file seem to be needed.

Welcome to the World of Linux.

beww