[mythtv-users] Mythweb issues

Joe Ripley vitaminjoe at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 18:27:41 UTC 2008

On Jan 24, 2008 11:17 AM, Mitch Gore <mitchell.gore at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just rebuilt my system on a new drive.  I backed-up up my database and put
> it back in mysql.  I installed atrpms-bleeding packages.  When i start
> mythbackend I can see it working just fine.  But when hitting mythweb i get
> this:
>
>  The database environment variables are not correctly set in the
>  webserver conf or .htaccess file. Please read through the comments
>  included in the file and set up the db_* environment variables correctly.
>
>  Some possible solutions are to make sure that mod_env is enabled
>  in httpd.conf, as well as having followed the instructions in the
>  README and INSTALL files.

Make sure that you have the following lines in your Apache's virtual
host configuration for mythweb:

            setenv db_server        "localhost"
            setenv db_name          "mythconverg"
            setenv db_login         "mythtv"
            setenv db_password      "mythtv"

( http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/browser/trunk/mythplugins/mythweb/mythweb.conf.apache#L60
)

> Also when i got to my local IP/mythweb i get a directory listing instead of
> viewing mythweb.php .  Is php not enabled somehow?

You have to make sure that the '.php' extension has a handler set up.
(i.e. AddType application/x-httpd-php .php)

--
Joe Ripley
vitaminjoe at gmail.com