[mythtv-users] mythcommflag --rebuild and xvid avi's

James Hood ebenblues at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 17:56:45 UTC 2008

On Jan 24, 2008 6:54 AM, Steve Smith <st3v3.sm1th at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 24/01/2008, Marc Sherman <msherman at projectile.ca> wrote:
> >
> > James Hood wrote:
> > >
> > > I've written a userjob script to convert an mpeg2 recording file to a
> > > compressed xvid avi file and modify the myth database with the new
> > filename,
> > > but I'm running into problems using mythcommflag to rebuild the seek
> > table.
> > > mythcommflag (0.20.2 version) segfaults when I run it. I turned on the
> > "-v
> > > all" option, and the output seems to indicate the file is recognized
> > as
> > > mpeg4 and the seek table rebuild part completes before the segfault,
> > but
> > > fastforward and rewind while watching the recording (via the "Watch
> > > Recordings" player) seems very broken, which leads me to suspect
> > something
> > > didn't go right in the seek table rebuild.
> >
> > I've not seen the segfault problem, but I do see very bad results
> > running mythcommflag on xvid AVI files; fast forward or rewind ends up
> > with a partially painted frame for a few seconds, with parts of the
> > frame retained from before the FF/RW, until it hits the next keyframe.
> > Is that the same failure mode you're seeing?
> >
> > I wonder if anyone can comment about this possibly having been fixed in
> > trunk already? (I'm also using 0.20.2)
> >
> > - Marc
> >

> Ditto Marc's comments I'm afraid!
> Somewhere it was mentioned that mythtranscode can also redo the seek
> table, maybe worth a try?
> Cheers
>
> Steve

Marc, thanks for the response. This is exactly the issue I'm experiencing. I
have also tried this with a recent svn version of the code and it does the
same thing, so I don't think it's fixed in trunk. I'll open a ticket for it.

James

--
"The humble learn the fastest because they don't waste time on defending a
false image."