[mythtv-users] Mapping to a Windows share

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 10:25:14 UTC 2008

> Just add the command into /etc/rc.local
> mount -t cifs -o username=Administrator,password=#######
> //192.168.1.101/music /mnt/music

even better (I think) is to use automount, which I believe is included
with FC8 by default.

It mounts and unmounts the drive as and when it's needed, and you
don't need to worry about what happens when you turn your XP box on
and off.

I have my music on a NAS unit and use automount on my myth box.  This
allows the NAS to spin down the drive when it's not being used.

I'm not at my machine now so I can't quote my automount config (called
/etc/auto.smb if I remember right), but it was pretty easy to setup,
the hardest part being the mount command, which you already have.