[mythtv-users] Are there any Capture Card / Digi Box combinations where the card can control the Digibox?

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Thu Jan 24 10:11:18 UTC 2008

Topi Hukkanen wrote:
> Ok, can you then recommend a capture card that works on Ubuntu with
> MythTV, and supports the little "pay card" so I can PVR with the pay
> channels to which I have subscribed?

Again, I don't think there is any capture device that supports CableCard
under Linux.

You would have to use the cable operator supplied STB and then capture
the composite, s-video or RF output with any Myth-compatible capture
device, as SD only.

If you want HD the only way to do this at present (for reasonable cost)
would be by firewire, if you have a STB capable of that.

Basically what you are wanting to do is precisely what the
powers-that-be do not want you to be able to do: get HD programming into
a useful form.

beww