[mythtv-users] UK Freeview Mux A Jerky Playback Other Mux's Fine?

Steve Smith st3v3.sm1th at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 15:29:05 UTC 2008

On 23/01/2008, nospam312 <nospam312 at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Yes, that's because the stations on Mux A (particularly Channel 5 News)
> play
> > silly buggers with their "Interlaced" flags, flipping between interlaced
> and
> > deinterlaced seemingly at random...
>
> Thanks at least I know it nothing to do with my setup.  Is there a fix
> for this or is it something we just need to put up with?  TIA.

I'm not sure, for a few people I believe it was causing their backends to
crash, and I've a feeling I saw something that said that that had been
fixed, possibly fixing the artifacts?

However, my Virgin STB has the same artifacts too on Channel 5 so I expect
it's unlikely that myth is going to be able to filter them out. I suppose
some means of turning off/forcing the progressive/interlaced detection for
certain recordings could be done but I'm not sure that'd be accepted by the
devs as a valid thing to do!

Cheers
Steve