[mythtv-users] Niggles with multirec

Steve Daniels steve.p.daniels at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 23 09:00:03 UTC 2008

On 23/01/2008, David Raine <rainecc at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 22/01/2008, Steve Daniels <steve.p.daniels at googlemail.com> wrote:
> > In Setup -> TV Settings -> General (At least on my machine)
> >
> > Is an option called "Avoid Conflicts between live TV and scheduled
> > shows", select it.
>
> I have had this and the "Allow LiveTV to move scheduled shows"
> selected, but the behaviours remain.
>
> > That should make it use the tuner that hasn't got any recordings on
> > it, however as before, if both tuners have recordings in progress you
> > are going to be limited to whatever is on the same mux as what one of
> > them is recording.
>
> Ah - so if all muxes are busy, then I can only watch LiveTV for
> channels on the selected MUX. That explains why I sometimes get a
> reduced list of channels in the OSD guide. It would be better if it
> presented the FULL list of channels and switched mux'es "behind the
> scenes", so to speak. It will be hard to get my partner to understand
> the distinction, I think.
>
> David

This is where the problem is, it can't switch muxes, because then it
would have to stop recording what it was already recording. Live TV
plays second fiddle to scheduled shows in that case. Take it as a
bonus that you can now watch live TV on the same mux as a recording in
progress, whereas previously you would have been told to "watch an
already in progress recording, or delete an already in progress
recording to watch live TV"..

What would be cool, if Tuner 1 was recording on Mux 1, and Tuner 2 was
recording on Mux 2, you'd be presented with a channel line up of only
Mux 1, and Mux 2, and then could hop around between those two
tuners/mux's at will. Or show the full line up, just with some sort of
visible indication that the channel isn't available, like a big no
entry symbol (red circle with single slash through it).

Steve