[mythtv-users] PS3 front-end with UPnP

daniel åkerud daniel.akerud at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 07:20:18 UTC 2008

On Jan 23, 2008 3:00 AM, Florin Andrei <florin at andrei.myip.org> wrote:

> George Nassas wrote:
> >
> > I found this on the net for what mpeg2 formats the PS3 supports over
> UPnP:
> >
> > MPEG-2 PS (MPEG2 Audio Layer 2, AAC LC, AC3(Dolby Digital), LPCM)
> > MPEG-2 TS (MPEG2 Audio Layer 2)
> >
> > could it be your DVB recordings have one of those other audio formats?
>
> I think I've seen a discussion somewhere on this topic.
> Essentially, if the audio format is not supported by the PS3, the user
> should setup a transcoding job to automatically convert all recorded
> shows to the correct format.
>
> --
> Florin Andrei

A52 is according to wikipedia an acronym for the AC3 codec (supported), and
MPA seems to be MPEG2 audio according to a random source in the internet:
" As the name says MPA Decoder will help to decode MPA files. MPA is an
elementary MPEG-2 audio stream (no video)." So I _guess_ it should handle
the audio codecs.

I'll read up on transcoding right away and play with it tonight, thanks for
the hints!

/D