[mythtv-users] Block size for ext3 partition

Florin Andrei florin at andrei.myip.org
Wed Jan 23 00:37:34 UTC 2008

Phill Edwards wrote:

> I to have been running JFS for a long time without any issues at all,
> whereas I did have some issues with XFS where I _suspected_ XFS was
> the culprit. The one and only reason I'm moving away from JFS to ext3
> is because it isn't in the stock CentOS kernels - otherwise I would
> continue with it for sure.

CentOS 4 has XFS support in the CentOS Plus kernel, which I tested and
works well.

CentOS 5 has the kmod-xfs package which adds XFS to the stock kernel.

For the kind of workload that MythTV generates, there's just no
comparison between Ext3 and XFS. Use the latter.

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/