[mythtv-users] Saving off Shows

Anthony Giggins seven at seven.dorksville.net
Tue Jan 22 22:40:45 UTC 2008

>> I also send recording to my Brother in Iraq.  i find that nuvexport
>> is the best solution for me.  My brother has a laptop there so
>> exporting them to xVid saves a lot of space.  I set it up to
>> convert recording as soon as commflaggin is done.  Then i just show
>> up, dump the xvids to the dvd drive, burn, and mail.
>
> This is something I've been wanting to do for a while... what is the
> easiest way to create a user job? I've only used nuvexport through
> the command line, with the menus... I'd love it if I could have it
> automagically convert the files immediately after commercial flagging.

Here is my User job script to export to xVid

and you will need to add & enable your userjob in myth ie.
/home/mythtv/xvidexport.sh %DIR% %FILE%

I hope this helps others, its not the best code in the world but it works
:) you may need to change some of the paths in the script to suit your
setup.

Cheers,

Anthony